Also known as a beach cruiser, cruiser bikes are one of the most iconic styles of bicycles. They first became popular in the United States from the 1930s to the 1950s, and they’ve started to come back into style in the last 20 years or so. If this recognizable bike style appeals to you, learn more about cruiser bikes, what they’re good for, and how you can buy the perfect one for you.
CRUISER BIKES FOR SALE IN PHOENIX, AZ
The good news is that Curbside Cyclery in South Phoenix can help you get the exact right bike for your situation, needs, and budget.
What Are Cruiser Bikes?
When you buy a cruiser bike, you can expect the following:
- Balloon Tires – These wide tires are built for large volume and low pressure, which helps deliver a soft ride.
- Upright Seating Posture – Unlike road bikes that have you hunched over the handlebars, riding a cruiser will keep your torso in a more upright position.
- Single-Speed Drivetrain – Most cruisers are single speeds, which means there is only one gear.
- Steel Construction – Most of these bicycles have heavier frames compared to some other types of bikes.
What Is a Cruiser Bike Best For?
As the name implies, these bicycles are built for cruising around. They’re extremely popular among casual cyclists in cities and suburbs, and you can even rent them in many popular vacation spots. Thanks to the heavy frame, balloon tires, and single-speed drivetrain, these bikes are extremely stable and easy to ride.
Cruisers are also great for people who want comfortable, stylish bikes. It’s easy to customize them with fenders, lights, and saddlebags. If you want a unique bike for short trips around the neighborhood, a cruiser bike might be perfect for you. There are many ways to affix your backpack, your groceries, and more to your bike when you run errands.
It’s worth noting that these bikes aren’t typically appropriate for racing or more serious trail riding. They’ll be alright on well-maintained dirt trails but are mostly designed for pavement. Since the frame is heavy and there’s only one gear, this isn’t the type of bike to select for climbing up a steep mountain trail.
What Is a Good Cruiser Bike Brand?
Many different brands make good cruisers. The best cruiser bike will always depend on your specific body, preferences, and needs. Here at Curbside Cyclery, we sell a lot of Schwinn bicycles. Riders often appreciate these particular cruiser bicycles for a few different reasons, including the following:
- The style is classic, and many of these bikes even have a bit of a retro look to them.
- Like every brand sold at Curbside Cyclery, this brand has an excellent reputation within the biking community.
- There are many different styles and colors available, making it easier to find your dream bicycle.
While we do sell a lot of Schwinn cruisers, this isn’t your only option. We’re willing to work with you to build a custom bike for your specific requirements, so you can get exactly what you want.
How Much Does a Cruiser Bike Cost?
We’ve heard of people spending less than $300 on some cruiser bikes and well over $1,000 on others, so it all depends on what you want in terms of quality, features, style, and capability. When we help someone buy a cruiser bike, we’re always careful to make sure we’re meeting their needs while also staying within their budget.
Cruiser Bikes for Sale in Phoenix
If you’re looking for the perfect ride around Phoenix or elsewhere in the valley, Curbside Cyclery has what you need. We’ll introduce you to our wide selection of various bikes, including cruiser bikes, to ensure that you find the right fit for your lifestyle. Come visit us today!