Custom Bike Building
in Phoenix, AZ
When you’re building a bike for racing, for the commute, or anything else, you can count on us to help you get it right. Mike at Curbside Cyclery is one of the biggest bicycle experts in Phoenix, which is why he’s worked with bike teams and events all over the world. When you combine his experience and our large inventory of bike parts, you’ll have everything you need to create the perfect bike from scratch. We’ll work closely with you throughout the entire bike building process to ensure every detail is exactly how you need it.
How to Build a Custom Bicycle
We normally recommend that you go into a bike build with a thorough plan. Think about which elements you’ll combine to create a perfectly functional bike for your specific needs. Luckily, planning your new custom bicycle is almost as fun as riding it will be. Feel free to reach out if you need to bounce any ideas off Mike– he’s pretty much seen it all.
First, make sure you’re taking advantage of the opportunity to get a customized fit. Some bike chains recommend a size based on your height alone, but that’s not good enough to create something that feels tailormade. The length of your feet, inseam, torso, and arms are also important. Many bikers even like to measure their femurs, lower legs, and shoulders.
Once we know your measurements, we’ll consider things like flexibility, riding style, and general fitness. If you have limited flexibility or a pre-existing condition that limits how you can position yourself on a bike, let’s build a bike that accounts for that. Finally, it’s time to pick out all of your components and combine them to create a custom bike:
- Frame – Choose your overall style.
- Drivetrain – Keep it simple with a single-speed, or choose 27 gears to conquer various terrain.
- Suspension – Maintain a smooth ride and good ground control.
- Wheels – This is where the rubber meets the road (or trail), your source of traction.
- Accessories – Make your bike your own by adding style and function.
Bike Building Services at Curbside Cyclery
Once you decide you want to invest in a custom bicycle, you have two primary options. You can either start from scratch or use your current bike as a jumping-off point. Each of these approaches custom bike building has its own benefits, and deciding which is best for you is the first step toward your custom bicycle.
- Bicycle Rebuilds – This is a great option if you already love the frame of your current bike. Adding a new drivetrain, new wheels, and a better suspension system can get you a custom bike with the look you already love. It will help you save some money, and there’s nothing wrong with indulging the nostalgia we feel for our favorite bikes.
- Bike Building From Scratch – If you don’t have a good bike frame to start the process, building a custom bike from scratch is the way to go. This gives you even more options for complete customization, as you get to handpick every single component of your bike.
Get Quality Custom Bike Building in Phoenix, AZ at Curbside Cyclery
Here at Curbside Cyclery, we’ll stick with you as you obsess over every detail while building your new bike. We want everything to be perfect for you, and there are few things we enjoy more than the bike building process. From the frame to the finish, let’s work together to build the bike of your dreams. Contact us today, and we’ll discuss options like tweaking your current bike or beginning a custom bike build from scratch.
Get In Touch With Us!
What our valued customers are saying
“Tuned up my new mountain bike to perfection. He was also able to fix my broken pedal for a fraction of the cost of other bike shops. Very knowledgeable and friendly.” – Matt H.